If your entry is Shortlisted, you will be notified on the 26th April 2018 by email. If you would like the opportunity to be featured in the Affordable Art Fair, you will have 7 days from our notification to deliver your work, ready to be hung, to our Dalston shop in London, UK. We appreciate that this is a very short time scale - sadly, we had to undergo some last minute structural changes that were out of our control, resulting in a short delivery time.
To help artists deal with this, we have provided a checklist to consider before the Shortlist is announced to make sure your work is ready to go in case you're asked to post your work:
- You must post us the original work - prints and reproductions will not be accepted.
- Work must be sent to us framed (unless you don’t normally frame it, e.g. if it’s a deep set canvas or it’s painted on an unusual substrate where you want the edges shown, e.g on a plank of wood) and ready to be hung. No works can be displayed leaning up against the wall or touching the floor.
- Work must be for sale for under £6,000. Your price must include the full cost of the work including the frame, VAT etc. If you’re selected, then please send us your full sale price as soon as possible. Not for sale artworks cannot be exhibited.
- No artists that have been exhibited at AAF Battersea Autumn Collection 2017 may be shown at the Spring Collection 2018. This is without exception. Artists that have been shown at AAF Hampstead or AAF Bristol are not affected by this rule. Please let us know if you are not applicable.
- Artist’s work cannot be shown on more than one stand. We must be the sole representative of your work at the fair.
- Prices must be consistent: the fair price must match any others listed elsewhere. Problems are caused when customers find artwork priced differently on gallery websites or elsewhere. If prices on artwork are hiked up or dropped down to come under the price ceiling you will not be invited to return to the AAF.
Due to our strong courier links, we are also able to cover the postage of UK artists, providing their work fits the following restrictions:
Once completely packed, the parcel's Height + Width + Depth = less than 230cm with a maximum length of 150cm. For example, a safely packaged work that measures 120cm (height) by 80cm (width) by 30cm (depth) fits our sizing regulation.
Sadly, international artists are responsible for delivering their own works.
All artists are responsible for the packaging and insurance of their art work. While we will do our very best to take every care of your work, we are not responsible for damages or if the parcel gets lost in the post.